Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ender's Game


Today I want to talk about one of my favorite books ever. The book I’m referring to is Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. I’ll give you a basic summary of the book, and then I’ll explain why I like it so much.

Ender’s Game takes place in the near future, and in the book, Earth has been invaded by an alien race twice, and is anticipating a third invasion. In order to prepare for the inevitable 3rd invasion, the world has united and every country sends its most gifted children into space in order to train them to fight the aliens in the third invasion. So, the book follows Ender Wiggin who has been chosen by the government to get sent up to Battle School, and it tracks his journey through Battle School.

From my description of the book, it probably sounds pretty simplistic, but the book is actually pretty complex. It focuses on character development more than anything else, and it’s written from Ender’s point of view, so as a reader you can identify the struggles that Ender goes through.  Ender’s game has taught me a lot about myself, and I really related to the main character, which was really nice. I highly recommend this book to everyone, I’ve lent my copy to many friends, and I have yet to find one who didn’t like it. I can’t emphasize how good this book is. Just go read it!

2 comments:

  1. Ender's Game is an absolute classic sci-fi story. Keep spreading the word about good books, more people need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will give it a go sci-fi and invasions got to be good

    ReplyDelete